It is now less than two weeks until my race. Thursday was my last long run day. I ran 11 miles and kept a pace under 10 min / mile. Tomorrow is my last long bike ride. My plan is to drive to Augusta and ride the bike course (56 miles). Beginning Wednesday, I shift gears from long training days to shorter, but much more intense speed training sessions.
I have also begun my logistical planning sessions. I need to get my new running shoes in order to break them in enough for race day. While on that side of town, I am going to head to Carolina Triathlon to pick up my raceday nutrition (Strawberry/ Banana Gu, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cliff Bars), look at renting some race wheels, and schedule my final tuneup before the race.
While in Augusta, I am going to check out the transition area, hotel location, run terrain, and just the overall layout of the race.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment