Monday, August 23, 2010

Race Week

Well here we are. It is finally here - race week. All of the training is done. Now there are just a few easy swims, bikes, and runs. I am going to pick up my bike today as it was in the shop for it's final tune up. I am a little nervous, but have a busy week at work to keep my mind focused.

We will be leaving for Louisville early Friday morning. The plan is to get checked in, then go to the athlete's welcome banquet and rules briefing. Saturday will involve a swim at the Powerbar practice swim and maybe an easy bike ride before I have to check my gear in by 5:00. At that point, most of my family will be in town and we are going to head to load up on some pasta. (I still like it for carbo-loading). After dinner, it's an early night. I plan on being in bed by 9:00 for a 3:45am wake up.

This time next week, I will be waking up after my race and will probably be as sore as I have ever been. Maybe even a little sick and my body will be completely stripped of all nutrients and vitamins. After check out, it will be a long drive home.

1 comment:

Sara Beth said...

Just because I love you so much, I'll drive. =)