Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Getting Warmer Outside........

We had some pretty crazy weather during the past week in SC. This time last week, it was in the 30's for highs. Tuesday and Wednesday barely reached 30. This past weekend it was in the upper 70's and has carried forward to today as well. This means, my bike workouts are shifting outside again away from the trainer. I rode 25 miles last night after work and I did 16 miles last week. I plan on riding again tomorrow as another nice day is in store. My goal is for about 30 - 35 miles. Running has been going along just fine. I have had some pretty decent runs. I have back off my distance due to an ITBS flare up. I have been getting in between 3-5 mile runs every time. They are getting to be pretty easy. I took it a little longer today and did 6.5 miles. I felt pretty good during and after. With a 50 degree temperature shift from my run on Wed. to today, my body was not used to the warmer temps. I'm sure that will change with time. My swimming is getting boring. I found doing flip turns hurts my ability to do a good distance. It takes quite a bit of energy to do them, so my total meters is down significantly. Tomorrow I am going to do open turns and not pushing off (as I used to do) and try to get back up to my 2500-3000 meters. I'm due for a good distance.

No comments: