Over the past few days, I have had some pretty good workouts. On Monday, my swim was an easy 2200 meters. I started out with freestyle, then switched to some backstroke for my warm up. The main set consisted of 1900 free. It is getting a little boring right now and it is hard to keep focused. I might try to find a training plan to help me until my IM training begins.
My workout yesterday was a pretty good 45 minutes inside on the trainer. The weather is cold and windy, especially for South Carolina. Today's workout was another trainer session. I sat my butt in one spot for 1 1/2 hours will pedaling away. Actually I did stand up twice to stretch my legs and back. Overall, it was a pretty good workout. My heart rate stayed in the mid 140s, which is pretty low for me.
Tomorrow, I am going back to the run. I am going to SportsClub to mix things up a little and do some work on the treadmill. After my 7.5 mile run on Sunday, I'm going to take down an notch to about 4.5 miles for a couple days, but maybe throw in some speed work.
I am really excited about one thing - I can feel my appetite beginning the take the turn. I seem to be less hungry now and it couldn't have come any sooner! Since my race, I have gained 8 lbs! I am now at 189! Just a couple weeks ago, I was eating everything in sight. Now, I can feel my cravings subside and hopefully my weight will begin to drop too.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment