Monday, November 8, 2010

Finishing up 2010 and beginning 2011

In December of 2009, I set a goal. I wanted to finish Ironman Louisville and complete all six PGA Certifications in one year. It would be a huge challenge but an even bigger accomplishment if I could successfully complete both. Two weeks ago, I finished my final PGA Certification and became one of 69 others out of 28,000 PGA Professionals to accomplish this. Two months ago, I finished Ironman Louisville. Overall 2010 has been a pretty good year. I am very proud of the physical and mental strength I have shown thus far. In 2011, I will begin a similar challenge. I will begin my work on my PGA Master Professional Program as well as begin training for another Ironman. Yes, that's right. Another Ironman. I have signed up for Ironman Florida on November 5, 2011. It's going to be another summer full of scorching hot bike rides, muscle burning runs and mind numbing sessions in the pool. Remind me why - oh yeah, I get a tee shirt and a medal.

No comments: