Sunday, November 21, 2010
Another day of reflection
I had some kind of a reflection day today. I was on Facebook and decided to read my Ironman race report as well as the note from a friend. Reading this brought back so many memories, thoughts and feelings. Wow. What a day it was. I remembered everything in such vivid, brilliant detail. I could practically feel the water on my face during the swim, the sun beating on my body during the bike, and my feet aching on the run. It has always sounded like a big accomplishment to say I have finished an Iron distance race, but that just the fact of the matter. As I was reading my report and the other note, I began to cry knowing how strong of a person I am. No matter how bad I felt that day, not once did I ever think about quitting. I thought I may have to physically, but was never going to actually stop. As I begin my training for Ironman Florida, I think back and wonder where that strength came from. As my training progresses, I will have to tap that strength as I push myself even harder. When the thoughts and fears creep in, I will know I have what it takes to complete the task.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment