Ironman training officially began yesterday. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about the state of my fitness going in. I feel I have the necessary tools to have a great race by staying healthy throughout the year. My biggest challenge in tri training has been problems with my achilles tendon. After my therapy sessions before Ironman Louisville, my achilles felt strong and with the information I was given at Elite I feel I can keep it that way.
With my training beginning, I will go ahead and announce my time goals for Ironman Florida:
Swim- 59:59 (under 1 hour)
Bike- 5:30
Run- 4 hours or less
Total: Under 11 hours
My goal is pretty optimistic considering I did over 15 hours in Louisville, but Florida is going to be a flat and fast course and most importantly the temperature is supposed to be much cooler. Additionally, I feel I am going to be better prepared physically. During my run training last year, I was unable to do any speed work because of my achilles problems. Hopefully that won't be an issue this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.
Thanks!
Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com
Post a Comment