My training is going pretty well. I decided to take the day off to prepare for a longer run tomorrow. I'm looking at eight miles or so. I'm starting to look ahead to prepare for a ten mile run in the next couple weeks. I'm excited just thinking about it. That will be a major milestone for me. I plan to get up at sunrise, pack a lunch, and try to make it back before sunset. Sounds like a stretch, but I think I can do it!!!
With the addition of the bike trainer to my training routine, I feel like I am getting stronger. I pedal the entire time without stopping (lately one hour). Normal outdoor rides consist of starting and stopping, occasionally coasting on the downhills, but the way I figure it ~ what am I on? It's a trainer! That means pedal. Coasting will not make me stronger. When on the trainer, I throw in the Ironman World Championships that took place on December 13 in Kona. I watch it to see the amateurs, not the professionals. For the pros, triathlon is their job. They are expected to do well. The amateurs on the other hand are just regular people. They all have different, everyday jobs, but they all have one thing in common ~ they have all made the decision to commit a small portion of their life to achieve something that will stick with them forever - to be an Ironman. Once Bill Reilly says those famous words "You are an Ironman", that is something nobody can ever take that away from you. You will always be an Ironman. The people that do the race have amazing stories~ seventy year old men and women, people with life threatening diseases, people missing portions of their bodies, to name a few. There are times that I have to actually slow down my pace when I see some of the people racing because it is so moving to see these people achieve their goals. They are the reason I think "If they have the heart to do this given their circumstances, why can't I? There is no excuse good enough to justify why I shouldn't do this."
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment