My family is obviously catching on that this "triathlon thing" is pretty serious to me. I got some great gifts. The first and most important thing I needed was a new pair of true running shoes. Sara got me a gift certificate to a running store in town. She also got me a subscription to what is becoming my new favorite magazine - Triathlete. My dad got me another extremely valuable training tool - a Heart Rate Monitor with GPS. As I have progressed in my training, I have found most athletes attempt to keep their heart rates in certain areas on certain days. The Garmin will definite help me keep track of this.
Training has been going pretty well. I have taken off a few days during the holidays. After my run of just under 7 miles today, I jumped on the scale to see how much weight I had actually gained during the past week or so and I was happy to see that my training is starting to pay off - I have lost about 4 pounds. I currently weigh 185. My goal is 170-175 by race time. My theory is the less I weigh, the less I have to carry for 70 miles. I also ran on Friday. I had to try out my HRM. It was a short run of only 2.5 miles. My previous training was Christmas Eve. I did about 4.5 miles. As you can see I am really working on my running. My biking has been coming along pretty well too. I had to order another wheel since I now have my trainer. -It is strictly for convenience and not having to take the trainer tire off every time. I have been on the bike about five times now. Each time riding around an hour. I would get in around 20 miles each time.
Work is getting interesting and not in a good way. Unfortunately I am seeing less and less golfers. Hopefully this will change soon. I need people playing so I can continue to have a job. There is only one thing I will not sacrifice for training and that is my family. I know they will always be there for me regardless. I am not saying that I will sacrifice my job for training, but would reschedule my training for a different time if I need to. We'll keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.
Things will just keep moving along one foot at a time.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just remember that your family knows how important this is to you. We're all so proud of all that you've accomplished. I want you to see this through, so if you have to sacrifice some family time, know that it's understood. Love you!
Post a Comment