Monday, January 19, 2009

Another week of training in the books...

I had another good training week.

Run: 20.76 miles Good runs this week (4.72, 6.72, 9.25) I had a problem with my run yesterday. After finishing, my illiotibial band started flaring up. Major problem with a large majority of runners. I may have pushed the run a little too far after biking with a high cadence the night before. Someone mention tight glutes for a possible reason and it makes sense b/c of biking the night before. Hopefully that is the case and I can stretch it out.

Swim: 3608 yards Worked more on technique and interval training this week instead of distance training. Ran into some shoulder issues. I have not been bi-lateral breathing, but need to get back to it. I think that is why my shoulder hurts. I have also incorporated flip turns into my swims. I read the amount of distance you save by not doing them is not as important as it is to learn to hold your breath that extra time when doing them. (Greater aerobic benefits).

Bike: 27 miles (all on trainer) Working on proper cadence as opposed to total distance. Trying to keep cadence above 90 rpms on all rides. I found trainer rides to be more difficult than road riding because on the roads, you can coast and have to stop, but don't on the trainer. I guess you could, but I feel like I am letting myself down if I do.

No comments: