Well, I have redefined "long" run. My previous description for my long run was almost 11 miles. Today, my new "long" run is 5.2 miles. It took me almost two days, but I finished. Actually I ran 10 min miles. On a normal day, my run pace is around 9:00-9:30/ mile. Race pace is around 8:00-8:30/ mile. Overall, I was looking to stay moving for :50-:55 minutes. I was right in the middle (around :52). The best thing about the entire run was that I proved to myself that I was not exerting alot of effort and my heart rate showed. It did not get above 155 bpm-even on the hills. That is real good news. The bad news is that my Achilles Tendons really bothered me during my first 1/2 mile. This is the first time I have run with pain in a month. Kind of disappointing. The pain did go away after that 1/2 mile, but I wish it never showed up.
I am still considering the race in Columbia on Saturday. I don't know if "fast" is really my thing at this point. I have been training for distance, not time. I might do it just to get another race under my belt before the big day. Also, it is supposed to be 104 degrees in Columbia. Luckily the race starts at 8:00am.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment