Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back to training

I feel like I have missed quite a bit of my training time with my busy work schedule lately. I have part of it past me, but not all of it. My biggest event is over. Overall it went very well. I managed to get into my training routine for the past couple days. I did my scheduled 90 minute ride on Sunday and my scheduled workouts for both Monday and Tuesday. I decided to do them in the warm SC heat. It was over 90 yesterday but I stuck it out and did my scheduled 3 mile run. Today (Tuesday) called for a bike then run. I decided to make it a brick day. I did the 60 minute ride then did the 30 minute run. The temp today was 88 degrees. Yesterday it pushed 90. I wanted to get it in today because I want to see how I stood on my hydration. As hot as it is here, hydrating is key. I was spot on. During therapy, Char and I both agreed that my shoes could be a major contributor to my AT. Yesterday, I decided to eliminate those from the equation by getting new shoes. I ended up with the Mizuno Wave Elixir 4. I put them on and immediately I knew they were the ones. They fit me like a glove and were extremely light weight. I should have broken them in before running in them, but I read on runnersworld.com that they are good to go right out of the box. I threw them on and sure enough, no blisters. They felt great yesterday and even better today. I even managed to average 9 min/mile today after the bike and in the heat. This was all with very little Achilles pain. Tomorrow calls for an early swim but short swim because of my therapy at 9:00 and work at 11:00. Mentally I am getting back into it and getting real excited about the upcoming weeks. They are only going to get harder, but I am up for the challenge.

No comments: