Friday, October 17, 2008

Longest swim yet !!!

If anybody can overcome adversity, it is the Red Sox and they proved it last night. Down 7-0 in the 7th inning and coming back to pull it out. Great to see. Beckett is on the mound tonight. Hopefully it is the "old" Josh Beckett. Not the Beckett of 2008.



I did my long swim today. I made it 2100 meters. -My longest so far. It took me just over 50 minutes to swim 84 laps in the pool. The race will only be 1930 meters, so I am already beyond the distance. It was not easy. Between my hockey game last night and working as much as I have been, I am beginning to feel fatigued quite early during each training session. It takes me a while to get going, but once I do I am fine. My trouble is at the end of the day, I have nothing left. My typical bedtime before training and working so much was around 11-11:30. Now I am lucky to see 10:30.



I took another step towards getting where I want to be equipment-wise yesterday. I was fitted for my bike, had aerobars installed, and met someone to ride with who's office is right behind my "office". I am assuming the bike portion will be will be my most difficult part due to my inexperience with road bikes. It will take some serious practice. Luckily I will be doing two or three other tri's before Augusta. I've been training now for seven weeks and look forward to every workout. My long distances so far are: swim: 2100 meters, bike: 20 miles, run: 6 miles.



I have found a great website for triathletes: beginnertriathlete.com. The forums are invaluable to a newbie like myself. The members on the site can answer any question about anything relating to tri's. It even has a section to log each workout daily, monthly, and yearly. I have been using this to help monitor my progress.

No comments: