Friday, October 24, 2008

Woo Hoo to me!!!!

I decided to ditch the swim today and get some redemption for my terrible run yesterday. I ran and ran and ran today. It was the longest I have ever run at one time. I ran 8 miles! My previous long run was 7 miles. My goal was to run for 60 minutes. (At my pace that was 6 miles.) I blew it out of the water by running for 1 hr. and 20 min. I really feel I could have gone further, but I had to go to work and did not want to injure myself. After my workout, driving to work I had a funny thought. It was "I did eight miles today which means I only had five miles to finish!" Again, I said "Only five miles". On my normal run days, I do around four, so I'm still trying to figure out where the "only five miles" came from. To look at it optimistically, I did more than half of the run. I've only been able to say that one other time since I've started my training.

I noticed I've dropped two pounds since the last time I weighed myself. I currently weigh 186 lbs. In the next few months, I will really concentrate on the nutrition side. I want to get my race weight to 170-175 lbs. That will come. I'm slowly loosing weight and have not really changed my eating habits much. Although I haven't lost much weight since I've started, I have noticed my clothes are fitting a little more loosely.

Another realization today was that when trying to do an excessive workout, I really need to fuel myself up before exercising. Yesterday, I did not eat anything and found quickly that my body can't run on just Starbucks. Today I ate a Cliff Bar before and soon after and was able to sustain my energy for my entire workout. Needless to say, I am pretty pumped about my performance today and can't wait to get back at it tomrrow.

Woo Hoo to me!!

No comments: