Tough workouts over the past two days. On Wednesday, swimming which is my easiest part was hard. I had been reading through tri forums regarding swim technique and mine went to pot!! Swimming from one side of the lane to the other, crossing my arms when reaching - all not good. I did make it 1450 meters. I was hoping to get up to another 2K day. It just didn't happen. My goal is to work up to 3K to 4K before tapering for my HIM. One thing I did notice was how sore my neck is from using my aerobars on my bike. It makes since that being very hunched over with your head up to watch the road in front for an hour will make your neck sore. I was thinking it might not be that bad considering I wear a helmet when play hockey (to keep my chicklets), but hopefully my neck is not at that angle in a hockey game.
Did my treadmill run today. Was looking to do five miles, but only got in four. I had limited time, but still should have kept on going to the fifth. I think all my work lately is catching up to me. If I need to, I might lower the speed, but increase the time. I am tired even before I begin my workout. I am happy I went today. I really did not feel like it, but did it anyway. That's a plus. Next week, I am going to start my outdoor running. SportsClub is a nice place and all, but I need a change of scenery. Tuesday will be a definite ride day. I can't wait to get back on my bike again. It was a blast last time. I'm looking for 25 miles with a one mile run to follow. Friday will be a swim and run. The weather is supposed to be horrible, so I'll just stay inside.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment