Monday, November 17, 2008

Good ride yesterday and fun today!!

I had a pretty good ride yesterday. I made it 26.5 miles. That is my longest ride so far and still had some energy in the tank, but did not want to push it because I am meeting a buddy of mine today to get back to my roots and go mountain biking. The plan is to do 10-20 miles today after a swim.

Just as in a previous post, I still can't figure out how on an out and back ride, the wind can be in your face in both directions. After being in the Upstate of SC for the past 12 years, you would think I would be able to figure it out, but no such luck. I will say, my route is pretty scenic. I get to ride through the GSP airport and through the BMW manufacturing plant roads. I get to see all the new vehicles in production at this plant. Pretty neat.

I'm looking forward to this mountain bike ride today. It will be my second ride since my Xterra tri back in May. I'm not sure if I should be thankful for doing the Xterra or mad. It was my first tri and people say they are addictive and boy are they. If I didn't do that one, I might not be writing about my half ironman training today. At the same time, I might not be broke either!

No comments: