Today was my run day. It went pretty good, but it was hard. When I began, it was 35 degrees with a 15 mph wind with 25 mph gusts. When I was going into the wind, it felt like I was standing still and when it was with me it felt like someone was just pushing on my back forcing me to go faster. When you run long distances, you really have quite a bit of time to think about things and I had sometime lately to think about my charity.
The charity I have chosen is one that I feel I owe something to. I have chosen the First Tee of Greenville. (www.thefirstteegreenville.org) Being a golf professional, I have been given many great opportunities through the game of golf. I have met some great people that have influenced my life both professionally and personally. For this, I feel I owe the game. This game puts food on my table and fulfillment in my heart. In one way or another, golf will always be a part of my life. I want to be able to give a potential young golfer, the same opportunity to embrace the game as I have. Unfortunately, there are junior golfers who never get that exposure to the game that I had at a young age. For many, it is their location and others it is purely financial. The First Tee of Greenville is established in the downtown area of Greenville. Thus practically bringing the game to the kids. It is just my small way to give back to something that is special to me.
In mentioning my idea to just a couple people the idea has been overwhelmingly positive with each willing to make generous contributions.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment