Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Running is.....................

I tried to title this entry as "running is .....". Still can't do it. The third word is supposed to be fun. Unfortunately I can not put fun and the "other word" in the same sentence. My running has surprised me lately. I have been putting in about 10-15 miles per week. My pace averages 7-8 minutes per mile. I don't know how, but that is really fast for me! I was hoping to keep it under 10 minutes per mile and bring in home in 2-2.5 hours during my race. Sunday I ran 6 miles in 42 minutes. For me that is blazing. Today I ran 5.25 in 41 minutes. I was a little more tired today and could tell when I got outside that it wasn't going to be as good.

Monday was a very interesting day on the bike. I rode around 18 miles, but tried to stay in my aerobars as much as possible. This lead me to find my two weakest muscles in my entire body~ my neck and my hip flexors. My neck is still sore! I still need to find a good place to ride in town with little traffic and no dogs to chase me and chew on my heels as I am riding. Since I have hired another assistant pro at work, I can take off on Sundays. Sunday morning is typically a great time to ride since there are less vehicles on the road. I am going to try to make that my "long ride day" and try some different routes.

My hockey days are over~ for now at least. We lost 3-2 in our league championship game in overtime. Actually I am thinking about giving it up to focus more on my tri -training. After a good run or ride, it takes so much out of my legs, I just won't have the energy to play in a hockey game later in the day; not to mention the risk of injury. It's not an easy decision. I have been playing for the last ten years, with many of the same guys. We'll see. I have until January to make that decision. Running is ffffffffffffff. Damn it!

No comments: