I just got an email from the Race Director for Augusta 70.3 stating "Due to on overwhelming response to this inaugural event, we will be expanding the field and are still expecting a sellout." The original field was set at 2,000 competitors. Apparently they will be expanding it to 2,500+. WOW!! That is a ton of people! There are 296 racers in my age group alone! It will be interesting to see how they start everyone. 3000 people for a swim and a two loop bike course is pretty tight. We'll see how that goes.
I was back in the pool today as my first form of exercise since Langley. It was a short 1000m swim. I felt real good the entire time. The only set I timed was my main set of 400. I did that in 7 min 42 sec. 400 is the additional swim portion in a 70.3 vs. an international distance. That would put me at the 35 minute mark for the swim portion for Augusta. I hope to get it down to 30 min or less come race day. Definitely possible. My achilles are still acting up. Actually at times, they hurt. My next PT session is Wednesday morning. I am still stretching. I got in a good stretch today after my swim, while in the hot tub and a little more during my weight training session. My scheduled training begins Sunday, May 10. So, really, I guess it is Monday. (Sunday is Sara's birthday.) She will be 29+2. I am going to get back on the bike tomorrow for a short ride, so we'll see what that holds.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment