Monday, May 25, 2009
Swim / Run day
I had a decent training day today and recognized something of slight importance. I did a 2500m swim today with only a little fatigue near the end. I was getting tired, but overall felt good. After eating dinner, I had a 30 min run planned. I figured it was going to either be 30 or 2.5 miles. Whichever came first. I was hoping it was the 2.5 and it did. It ended up being a 24 minute run. I am trying to ease back into my runs and not overdo it. This is my longest run since my race. I had a little achilles pain in my left foot. Nothing in the right, but a little in the left. That's kind of strange because I had the least amount of flexibility in my right foot.....hmmm. About the "recognition of something of slight importance," I checked my workout today and saw that I was supposed to do a 3000m swim. That was a ton of mileage especially for only being in the second week of training. I looked at my scheduled distances for the rest of the week and they were crazy!!! I mean like swimming another 3000 and riding for 2 hours. Okay, something was not right. I took another look at my plan and realized that I somehow downloaded the "Ironman Training Plan" into my training log. So, I've been doing some Ironman training for a couple weeks. What a relief. There is no way in the world I am ready for anything like that..................YET.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment