Friday, January 30, 2009
A few minor injuries
One thing I knew from the beginning and starting to experience is the aspect of injuries that come into play when training. It can be very frustrating because 99% of my body feels great, but that other 1% is pulling me down. My birthday was Monday (The big 33) and it was full of injury prevention / healing tools for my training. Sara bought me a foam roller my Illiotibial Band. I received a gift card to Sports Authority from my dad, which I used to purchase an ice pack / ace bandage combination and a yoga video. When I read the name, I immediately knew it was for me~ Yoga for inflexible people. That is me to a T. I will say, since I have had some leg and shoulder issues, I have taken stretching more seriously and I can see some improvement in flexibility. Before stretching, I could not even come close to touching my toes keeping my legs straight and now, it is close. I'm not there, but it is much closer. It has been confirmed... I do officially hate the foam roller. I've only used it four times now and can't stand it. I say that because it hurts so much. At least I know it's working. It is that love / hate relationship thing going on. I have had the strength and will power to take off a few days from running and biking to let me legs heal. They are on their way. I tried running on Wednesday on a treadmill and had no issues. It was a short 3 mile run. A few days later I hit the road again and did another short and slow 3.2 miler. (I think I averaged 10:32 per mile). I did not have any pain following. Last night, I jumped back on the bike and rode for 30 minutes on the trainer and had no pain this morning. I'm just going to take it slow, stretch, and be patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job, keep it up! You are on your way! Most injuries are minor and you can work though but definately listen to your body and give it a rest when needed. From Your second biggest fan!
Post a Comment