Sunday, April 19, 2009

Less than one week...

I officially have less than one week until my first tri of 2009. SB and I will be traveling to Aiken, SC this coming Friday. I am getting nervous, but really excited. I am excited to see if I my training is paying off. Although moving up to an Olympic distance race is a big deal, it's only a small step in comparison to what lies ahead. In Sept, my first half Ironman. In 2010, my first full distance Ironman race. I am currently dealing with some injury issues regarding my Achilles tendinitis. I don't feel I have put in the miles necessary for this upcoming race, but at the same time know that pushing too hard right now, could further delay my progress in getting ready for Augusta. After Langley, I have two and a half weeks before I get into my set HIM training plan. My plan during this time is to let my body heal by cutting out running completely. As a substitute, the plan is to try "aqua jogging" as many people have recommended. The bike and the swim will still continue. My goal for Langley is 2:40, but with my current injury issues, I will not compromise my legs to set this pace. My real "A" race is Augusta. Speaking of Augusta:
http://www.ironmanaugusta.com/startlistname.php. I will soon be losing my name and will be given a new identity. A number.

No comments: