Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nervous, excited, or both

Only three days until Langley. I am having a hard time figuring out whether I'm really nervous, really excited, or a combination of both. I don't know how well prepared I am for the swim - bike - run back to back to back, but I do feel good about all three separately. We'll see. I think I need to work on some of the longer brick workouts. Especially the bike to run. The swim is just a good practice for open water swimming which is completely different from swimming in a pool. There is not black line to follow to keep you in a straight line. The thing I like most about this is the swim distance for Augusta is only 400m longer than what I am doing (or approximately 6 minutes). I did something I did not expect to do: I bought my own wet suit. This means I a really sucked in. XTERRA Wetsuits was running a special. I ended up getting a $400 wetsuit for $149.00. Since the water temperature is below 70, I think I will need one. Plus, three total events and it more than pays for itself. I am a little concerned about the run. I have not run since Saturday. That means one week without running. I am trying to keep my Achilles in check. That is the advice I received from quite a few people, so we'll see if it helps.

No comments: