Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Training begins early - kind of

As my muscles loosen, I am still feeling the pain in my Achilles I had experienced before my race. I can feel tightness in my calves and have a pretty good feeling that is the cause. Weeks before my race, I stretched my calves on a regular basis to help them lengthen and hopefully help the pain subside. Unfortunately it has not helped. I decided today to go see a friend who is a doctor and get his recommendation. I had mentioned my symptoms to him prior to the race and being a triathlete himself, he had a pretty good idea of what it may be. Therefore he called and scheduled me an appointment with a physical therapist in town. He told me she is the best one in the Upstate that I can see for the pain I am having. She is triple board certified and apparently nobody in the Gville area has the qualifications that she does. Not to mention that she is also a triathlete and distance runner. From what Jeff told me, even qualified for Boston - that kind of distance runner. I begin my "training" for Augusta tomorrow at 9:30 am. A few weeks ahead of schedule.

No comments: