Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good week so far

I have had three consecutive days of training that have gone well. Monday was a good swim, totaling 1550, but I felt real strong doing it. Tuesday was a good run. It was supposed to be slow, but ended up being a little above my average pace. I did have IT Band issues. It really started to flare up. I won't say it hurt, but it let me know it was there. Yesterday, I spoke to my sports doc to get his opinion and told me if it continues for another week to let him know and we will start some PT work to loosen up the IT Band. The next step would be to analyze my biomechanics at Furman University and see what we need to change. Overall, I totaled 4.5 miles in 41 minutes. I am certainly no fast runner, but I get the job done. I rode the bike yesterday. I went for 38 miles. It was a good ride. I was in the aerobars the entire and felt real comfortable. I averaged around 17.5 mph. The only trouble I had was on my last loop around Donaldson, I ran out of my fluids. Near the end, I was not feeling great, but still made it. The ride took me just over two hours. Not only was I in need of fluids, but also some calories. Any exercise that involves physical exertion last over two hours, 200 calories should be consumed every 45 minutes. I'll work on that next time.

No comments: