Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were great workout days. I had a really strong brick, run, then bike, then swim. I started on Friday with a short, 15 mile bike ride then transitioned right into a run. I felt real strong for both events and really feel I could have done it twice.
Sunday I was the end of my recovery week. I started back with a long run. It lasted a good 6.5 miles. I felt real good throughout. My pace was quite slow, but right now, that is okay. My HR was also way down which tells me I was right where I wanted to be.
Monday was supposed to be a 1 hour bike, but since I feel the bike is one of my weaker events, I need some extra time and boy did I put it in. I went with Matt and did the Willow Creek to Hwy 101 route. It is a real nice ride. Some hills, some rollers and some flat. Matt had ridden on Saturday and had some tired legs and I was feeling some fatigue from my run the day before, but we still said we were going to go the distance. We wanted 56 miles and got it all. My quads were quite exhausted, but my hamstrings felt remarkably fresh. I guess this is the benefit of a tri-bike. After the ride we stopped by Carolina Triathlon for a few quick adjustments to our bikes.
Today was a decent swim day. I can tell I have not put in a good distance in a while. I went 2,000m and felt pretty good. I need to get back in the pool and stop skipping those workouts. All in all, it has been a pretty good couple of days. Let's see if I can keep it up!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment