I had a good TT run yesterday. I ran 6.5 miles in 1 hour. That is my "race pace". After looking at my training session for today, my plan calls for a 45 min spin on the bike to loosen up my tight and sore legs. Well, I am a little stiff, but no more than normal after a run. I am starting to think maybe I did not push hard enough. I have a big week coming up with a short spin and a long swim today. I get the day off on Wednesday, which I may throw in an OWS if the group is heading out. Thursday calls for a nice 1.5 hour run followed by a 30 min recovery swim. I might extend the run out to 1 hour 45 minutes since I have not been that far in a long time. This should put me into the 11 mile range. The only problem is that this run will be after a day at work on my feet all day. We'll see.
It is hard to believe that race day is less than two months away. It seems like I just signed up yesterday. Things are going to be interesting in the weeks following my race. I have a few decisions to make as to my "tri future". The decision is between sticking with the shorter races or committing to a full Ironman. The full is my ulimate goal, but don't know how realistic it really is. It requires so much time. It would be an amazing feat if I could complete it. Something less than 1/2% of the people in the world could say - They are an Ironman.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment