It was fun while it last, but my recovery week is now over. It's back to heavy volume. The next six weeks are going to be a killer. I have already looked ahead and man, things are going to be tough - Bring it on! Other than last weekend, things have been going great. I actually got in all my workouts this week without having to move or skip any. Last weekend we had a big golf tournament which forced me to skip two workouts. I worked 12-15 hour days Thurs-Sun, but it was a very successfull event and that's what matters.
My body seems to be holding up pretty well. Hopefully this will continue. It is hard to believe that my race is on seven weeks away! I am feeling pretty confident in all areas. I am still looking to get in a good long brick (60 mile bike / 3-4 mile run). I know it's not far away though. I have a long run coming up in two weeks - 2 hours. This is my goal time for the race. I am still trying to get under that 6 hour mark (30-35min swim, 3 hour bike, 2 hour run). My areas of work include:
Doing some open water swims in my wetsuit
Getting in some good hill work to get stronger on the bike - Riding up Paris Mountain should take care of that.
Reaching the longer mileage on my runs - This is going to be a challenge with my slow recovery and is the area I am most concerned about. I know I could do the full 13.1 miles right now, but could seriously injure myself along the way. I have to modify my workouts to accomodate my achilles, which is unfortunate.
On a more positive note, after doing a little research on Ironman Louisville, people told me that the sign up for this event is usually open longer than other IM events- usually about a month. This gives me time after Augusta to make the big decision - to IM or not to IM.
Time to head out for my run - 10K at race pace.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment