Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"One of those days"

Unfortunately I had "One of those days" today. The ones where you just never feel right. Nothing feels good. You can't get comfortable. That's the bad news. The good news is that I got in my workout. My training plan called for a brick (1 hour bike immediately followed by a 30 minute run). I decided that on the bike, I was only going in the big ring today and I was going to go hard. Well, that I did and I paid for it on the run. I completed both the bike and the run. The bike lasted for 53 minutes, covering 16.68 miles and the run lasted 28 minutes covering 3.3 miles, but I felt terrible on the run. My body had no energy. I thought I might feel some leg fatigue, but it wasn't that. It was my whole body. By pushing the bike hard, I kept it in the big ring the entire time and did my best to stay in my aerobars as much as possible - even on the 10% grades.

I will just have to chalk today up to inexperience. I have not even been on a road / tri bike for a year. My mountain bike background does little to help me here. Wednesday calls for a rest day, leading up to my longest run ever! (or at least it should be). My training plan calls for 1 hour 30 minute run. Since I missed a couple run workouts, I am going to take it a little longer. I am going 1 hour 45 minutes. This should put me into the 10.5-11 mile mark. It's going to be a long day.

No comments: