Thursday, August 6, 2009

Woo Hoo for long runs

My training plan for today called for a 1 hour 30 minute run. I decided to stretch it a little longer. My goal was to go for 1 hr 45 min. That would give me about an extra 1 1/2 miles. I made it a total of 10.95 miles. This is my longest run ever both time and distance wise. My legs were pretty fatigued near the end. I did this run following an average day at work where I am on my feet most of the day. Today was no different. I was on my feet from 7:30-4:30. Overall, my pace was a little slower than I had hoped for, but all considering, I am not too disappointed. I know that if I did this run on a full night's rest, I would have been closer to my goal. It's all good. Tomorrow calls for a good swim, then rest......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're doing great. keep up the good work!