It's hard to believe that I am in the final month of preparation for Augusta 70.3. I made the decision to race just over one year ago. The whole process has been a challenge. There are so many different aspects that have to be considered when making the decision to take on a challenge of this magnitude. The training takes up such a large chunk of time, thus affects all areas of life, including work, friends, other social activities, and most importantly family. It is a juggling act to piece this puzzle together. This is where it really helps to know that you have great people supporting you. I was unsure what to believe when I read "there are times you will feel like a walking zombie, going through the motions of life". Whoever wrote that is 100% correct.
Through all of this, I will say, that I am undoubtably in the best shape of my life. My plan for the next three weeks is to continue to hit all workouts, try to really be strict regarding my diet to lose a few pounds, but really keep focused on my day to day life.
I am not sure what the future will hold. I will admit that I do enjoy living this healthy lifestyle. There are times when I would wonder if my training has really prepared me, but the Greenville Tri answered that. My thoughts after this race are shifting in a couple different directions. My plan is to do alot of biking and running. I want to push the century mark on a single bike ride by early spring and get in some longer runs (such as 1/2 marathons and possibly a marathon). Who knows, this may even lead to bigger things, maybe even my dream of a full Ironman in late 2010.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment